FUNDS OF hydroelectric power producing areas development commission
TThe Council shall have the power to--
- The Commission shall establish and maintain a Fund from which shall be defrayed all expenditure incurred by the Commission.
- There shall be paid and credited to the Fund established pursuant to subsection or this section
- 30 per cent or the total revenue generated by any company or authority from the operation of any hydroelectric dams in any member State of the Commission
- b)50 per cent of money due to member States of the Commission from the Ecological Funds
- all money raised for the purpose of the functions of the Commission by way or gifts loans, grants-in-aid, testamentary disposition or otherwise; and
- proceeds from all other assets that may, from time to time, accrue to the Commission.
- The Federal Government shall contribute to the Fund by way of appropriations, through the National Assembly, a sum not less than 40 per cent of the Commission's annual budget .
- The Fund shall be managed in accordance with the rules made by the Council, and without prejudice to the generality of the power to make rules under this subsection, the rules shall in particular contain provisions
Why Choose Us?
Hydroelectric Power Producing Areas Development Commission (HPPADC) represents organisations and individuals committed to the responsible, sustainable development of hydropower, rural environment, infrastructure, etc.
We are a non-profit membership organisation with a mission to advance sustainable hydropower by building and sharing knowledge on its role in renewable energy systems, responsible freshwater management and climate change solutions.